Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beware the Bon Bread!

Much more dangerous that is seems.

Quick story of the day.

I stopped by Resnick's Grocery in the Downtown Las Vegas area on my way back to the office to pick up some snacks to munch on at my desk since my late-morning caffeine rampage was starting to wear off. The main reason why I ventured into this teeny-tiny, upscale bodega-type of place was for one reason: Bon Breads. Bon Breads usually only sells their product at various farmer's markets around town, but apparently they have made a regular home out of Resnick's Grocery. According to the guy at the "counter" (it was really more of a computer desk), they deliver every Tuesday and Thursday usually, and considering it was a Friday and their shelves were nearly empty? I was surely in luck. 

Now I have a soft spot for bread. I love well made bread that you can tell is made by someone who cares just by the way of squeezing the crust a little to see just how much crunchy, soft yumminess you'll get. My stop at Resnick's got me the White Chocolate Batard, which was also the only thing left they had in stock. My coworker made mention of some amazing Bon Bread loaf that she ended up eating in one sitting, but I didn't put much thought into it until I bit into mine. It was A-MAZING. 

In fact, it was so amazing that I started eating it while idly crunching some numbers at my computer. I looked down and lo and behold... poof! I had crunched on more than half of the loaf! WHICH WAS NOW IN MY TUMMY!! 


What's left of my amazing disappearing bread loaf.

I am so thankful that they only had single batards instead double sized batards I usually procure at the farmer's market. Otherwise the already insanely dense food baby in my stomach would have probably been much bigger. And let me tell you, working out at the gym with a food baby in your stomach is NO FUN. For who, exactly? I'll leave that for you to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment